Philosophy In Action
The following articles and national convention banquet speeches demonstrate the “live the life you want” philosophy of the National Federation of the Blind:
- Membership in the National Federation of the Blind: Equality, Opportunity,
and Security through Collective Action by by Mark Riccobono (Braille Monitor, April 2019)
- Where You Are and Where You Want to Go by Kim Cunningham (Future Reflections, Convention 2016)
- Building a Bridge by Sheila Koenig (Future Reflections, Convention 2016)
- Living the Life She Wants by Amy Buresh (Braille Monitor, December 2016)
- On LEGO, the Pattern of Experience, and Building a Generation of Blind Scientists and Engineers by Mark Riccobono (Future Reflections, Spring 2016)
- A Love Affair with LEGO by Matthew Shifrin (Future Reflections, Spring 2016)
- When Assertiveness and Confidence Made All the Difference by Ever Lee Hairston (Braille Monitor, April 2016)
- I Encouraged My Daughter to Be a Cowboy by Peggy Chong (Braille Monitor, May 2016)
- A Matter of Justice: Our Fight to Obtain Braille Instruction by Holly Miller (Braille Monitor, May 2016)
- Why Use the Word “Blind”? by James Omvig (Braille Monitor, January 2009)
- Braille Reading Speed: Are You Willing To Do What It Takes? by Susan Ford and Ramona Walhof (Braille Monitor, June 1999)
- Braille: What Is It? What Does It Mean to the Blind? (Future Reflections, Winter 1996)
NFB National Convention Banquet Speeches & Presidential Reports
- 2019 – Choice, Exploration, and Resistance: The Road to Freedom for the Blind
- 2019 – Presidential Report
Viewing Additional NFB Publications
If you wish to view additional articles found in the Braille Monitor, please visit www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/braille-monitor.
If you wish to view additional articles found in Future Reflections, please visit www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/future-reflections.
If you wish to view additional NFB national convention banquet speeches, please visit www.nfb.org/resources/speeches-and-reports/banquet-speeches.
If you wish to view additional NFB Presidential Reports, please visit www.nfb.org/resources/speeches-and-reports/presidential-reports.
To listen to the latest Presidential Release presented by National Federation of the Blind President Mark Riccobono, please visit www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases.
To listen to the latest Nation’s Blind Podcast episode, please visit www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/nations-blind-podcast.