NFBNJ Sports & Recreation Division
The purpose of this organization shall be to:
- serve as a division of the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
- encourage the blind of New Jersey to become involved in sports and recreational activities
- to achieve the integration of the blind in sports and recreational activities on a basis of equality with the sighted
- to serve as a vehicle for collective action by the blind
- to operate as a mechanism through which blind and sighted persons interested in competitive and recreational sports and activities on a national, state, local and personal level can come together to plan and carry out programs to improve the social and physical well-being of the blind of New Jersey
This organization shall not be merely a social group, but, as an integral part of the National Federation of the Blind, shall actively work to promote the social and physical well-being of the blind.
Membership is open to those that are interested in competitive sports and athletic activities as well as accessible cultural events on an equal basis with their sighted peers.
By paying annual dues and being an active member of the division, you have the privilege to make motions, vote, serve on committees, be elected to a board position, and receive messages through our email listserv. The majority of our membership is blind, but we also welcome interested sighted individuals who share our philosophy, interests, rights and responsibilities. Joining the Sports and Recreation Division means that you are also a member of the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey and the National Federation of the Blind.
We post our upcoming meetings, events, and activities on our online calendar. The calendar can be viewed at www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreation-calendar.
The division conducts monthly conference calls via Zoom. For a schedule of monthly calls and times, please contact Acting President Vee Gaspa at 434-989-1868 or email@example.com.
You can join the division by completing the membership form at www.nfbnj.org/chapters-and-divisions/sports-and-recreation-division/membership-form. You can submit payment via check or money order, or via a credit/debit card or a PayPal account. If you have already submitted your dues payment of $5 a year for the 2021 calendar year via check or money order, please complete the form so that we know that the information we have on file for you is accurate.