Greetings to all!
Congratulations to Rosa Santiago, Chair of the Spanish Committee.
On March 24th, I provided an announcement pertaining to the establishment of the Spanish Committee. I am pleased to provide the goals, purposes, objectives and additional information highlighting the Spanish Committee. It is imperative that you share with others. We know that the Federation strives to assist all and with the establishment of the Spanish Committee, the Federation and all participating in the committee will grow with raising expectations to live the life we want by transforming dreams into reality.
Please contact Rosa Santiago with your contact information and or any questions by calling 201-892-6946 or email her at email@example.com.
Please provide the following.
- Zip Code
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone (if applicable)
- Email (if applicable)
Rosa will contact each person to welcome to the newly established Spanish Committee. Shortly, Rosa will organize and conduct a welcome conference call. Stay tuned for the date, time and conference call information.
Get Involved and Make a Difference!
Goals, Objectives, & Additional Information for the NFBNJ Spanish Committee
The mission for establishing the Spanish committee of the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey will be to provide Spanish-speaking blind adults and parents of blind children the support, information, and assistance they need in a language they understand. Creating possibilities by raising expectations so that Spanish-speaking blind individuals can live the life they want is the true purpose behind the development of the Spanish committee.
The goals and objectives of the committee will be to:
- Introduce Spanish-speaking blind individuals and parents of blind children to the advantages and opportunities available to them through the National Federation of the Blind.
- Assist blind individuals and parents of blind children to create achievable goals and to have high expectations in their lives based on innovative Ideas and new possibilities.
- Help parents of blind children to better equip and support their child to live the life of their dreams without allowing negative barriers to limit them from achieving their goals.
- Provide monthly discussions in Spanish on assistive technology, accessible Services, training programs and other opportunities that can help blind individuals succeed on a personal level as well as in any profession or career path they choose to pursue.
- Introduce Spanish-speaking experts, trainers, and other professionals in a variety of fields that will motivate and empower blind individuals to have the confidence to meet their challenges head-on.
- Raise money through fund raisers in order to provide Spanish-speaking blind individuals with scholarships to be used for training, equipment, and other items and endeavors that can significantly improve their quality of life.
- And so much more!
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds us back.
By being a part of the Spanish committee, Spanish individuals are in the best position to learn and grow with a federation that cares about creating limitless possibilities for all blind people. You will benefit greatly from a team of people that will work shoulder to shoulder to make a difference in the lives of many. We cordially invite you to join the Spanish committee and look forward to hearing from you.
Spanish Committee Chair
The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey announced on March 24, 2017 the establishment of the Sports and Recreation Committee. Provided below are the goals, purposes and objectives of the Sports and Recreation Committee. I have appointed Linda Melendez to chair this committee. Please share with others in order for many to have the opportunity to learn of this new committee.
Please email Linda Melendez the following information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address include zip code:
- Phone, both home and cell:
- Sports/recreation currently participating in:
- sports/recreation activities interested in:
Shortly, Linda, the Chair of the Sports and Recreation Committee will arrange for a conference call to congratulate all interested to develop the sports and recreation committee of the NFBNJ.
Get Involved and Make a Difference!
Goals, Objectives, & Additional Information for the NFBNJ Sports & Recreation Committee
The purpose of the Sports and Recreation Committee of the National Federation of the Blind of NJ will be to bring together interested blind and sighted persons to participate in sports and recreational activities on a state, local, and personal level.
The goals of the committee will be to:
- Raise expectations and overcome negative assumptions regarding the participation of blind individuals in sports and recreational activities.
- Introduce the many sports and recreational activities that blind people participate in on their own and with their friends and families and the simple adaptations that enable full participation.
- Hold statewide sports and recreation events and assist chapters and divisions in planning and holding events.
- Facilitate the sharing of individual experiences with sports and recreational activities in order to provide information, inspiration, support, and practical advice to interested blind and sighted individuals.
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. Together with love, hope and determination we transform dreams into reality.
By being a part of the Sports & Recreation Committee, blind athletic individuals are in the best position to learn and grow with a federation that cares about creating limitless possibilities for all blind people. You will benefit greatly from a team of people that will work shoulder to shoulder to make a difference in the lives of many. We cordially invite you to join the Sports & Recreation Committee and look forward to hearing from you.
Sports & Recreation Committee Chair